Learn more about cycling and how you can be a stronger, more efficient cyclist.
Are you struggling with your cycling? Having challenges with: Gears – Handling – Pedaling – Cornering – Starting – Climbing Hills – Riding in the wind – Comfort – Traffic – Endurance – Heat? We can help.
Foundational Skills are the hallmarks of a strong cyclist. All of our individual and group programs are built on teaching and developing these skills. Whether you are just getting started, struggling with challenges or planning for a big ride – we can help you. Just follow our simple plan: LEARN about cycling, TRAIN to improve and RIDE to enjoy.
Charla George of Mansfield had this to say about our HHH Train Smart Clinic:
“If any one is wavering whether they should take your HNH class, send them my way! That was the best and most informative class I’ve taken. It improved our ride significantly! Especially as newbies in the cycling arena. The tips on grazing, electrolytes, still having gas in the tank and last but not least Frisky Pony syndrome – you’d be amazed how many times we reference you and your book! ”
No clinics coming up – check out our online videos here
We offer 2 spiral bound books to help you learn more about preparing for and participating in the Hotter ‘N Hell Hundred in Wichita Falls. “Train Smart” helps you get ready for the HHH and “Ride Smart” provides tips and suggestions for day of event participation. This information also works well for any rides that are hot, hilly and/or windy.
Train On Your Own
Although Bikin’ Mike’s Train Smart program was developed for the Hotter ‘N Hell Hundred you can utilize this information packed program to train on for any century or endurance ride.
- Purchase the Train Smart guide by going to our online store
- You may select the file download for electronic delivery. Once payment is received, we will email you the easy to follow 59 page Train Smart PDF file which can be read in iBooks, Kindle, Adobe Acrobat and many other applications.
- You may select the $24.95 book (hard copy) which includes the postage and handling fee. Please allow time for delivery.
What began as a small section of our Train Smart program became a 29 page guide to riding the HHH – or any other challenging bicycle tour/ride. Full of insights on pace, hydration, breaks and more, it is available by file download or in hard copy form.
- Purchase the $9.95 Ride Smart guide by going to our online store
- You may select the file download for electronic delivery. Once payment is received, we will email you the easy to follow 29 page Ride Smart PDF file which can be read in iBooks, Kindle, Adobe Acrobat and many other applications.
- You may select the $12.95 book (hard copy) which includes the postage and handling fee. Please allow time for delivery.
One on One
If you just got a multi gear bike and plan to start riding, sometimes you need a little knowledge. Insights and observations. Consider scheduling an appointment for a personal consultation. We can address issues that are specific to your needs and develop a plan for moving forward. What you can learn from me in one hour can fuel a lifetime of cycling. Appointments can be scheduled Monday through Saturday, based upon availability. The cost is $50 per hour. To schedule an appointment send an email Mike@BikinMike.com
Group Clinic Videos
We’ve got lots of clinics captured on video. Click here for more